Tuesday 16 April 2013

One Year Anniversary!

Wow, I can't believe it! It's been a year (and a couple of weeks, sorry I'm a bit late with this post) since I started this blog. Looking back at my collection, I have brought rather a lot of Sylvanian Families in the last year - more so than ever before. I have plans to collect a lot less, but I'll talk about that in another blog post soon.

Logged onto Blogger and I was amazed!

I hit 10,000 pageviews a couple of days ago, which I am absolutely thrilled about! When I started this blog, I was mainly writing things for my own enjoyment and only expected a few members from the Sylvanian Collector's forum to have a quick look, and now, I get over a hundred views a day! I honestly never imagined I'd get a thousand views!

I'm so grateful to everyone who reads my blog, looks at my pictures, follows me, and leaves comments - you guys really do make my day, everyday :)

Also, thanks to my family who put up with my constant chatter about Sylvanians, and allow me to practically turn my room into a toy store!

Last month I also celebrated my 9th year of collecting Sylvanian Families! Everyone I knew always thought I'd grow out of them - but I never did ;)

I didn't really know what to do (I may do a giveaway or competition next year), so here's a few cute photos:



Skimble Macavity, Ray Furbanks & George Golightly - these little guys are literally as cute as Sylvanian Families get! They sleep on my bedside shelf every night ;) (My precious little babies always cheer me up at the end of a hard day)


Little Ray is always a good boy and falls straight to sleep when I tuck him in - if Skimble isn't making a fuss, that is.


'But Mummy, I'm not tired, I could play all day,' Skimble yawned.


And George is as filthy as ever, although it's not his fault. When I had my exams three weeks ago, I was very, very nervous and bringing little George (No.1 Sylvanian along with Tilly Dappledawn) helped me relax and focus during my exams. 

Unfortunately, I have got into habit of taking him everywhere and he is completely plastered in dust and fluff from my pocket :( 
The problem with JP figures is that their fur is much softer and denser than UK Sylvanians, making him near impossible to clean without accidentally pulling out his fur.

You may remember a while ago in the post 'Shelf Diorama', I mentioned I'd ordered some new JP Sylvanians from Japan. Sadly, they never arrived :'( 
I think you have to remember that it would be very easy for such a little parcel to get lost when it's travelling so far away. I will order them again soon, but I want to make sure they don't turn up after months because I don't want duplicates. Here they are anyway:


They would of looked so adorable on my shelf, and I'm sure they would've got on brilliantly with Skimble, Ray and George. However, I will get them at some stage, when I have a bit more money to spare.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the photos! I really like doing posts like these with just a few fun/silly photos because they are a lot more enjoyable to take :)

Thanks again for reading!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, 10,000 views! Even I didn't see that coming! I love this blog and check it practically everyday, so keep up the good work! (And keep up those stories! They are positively adorable!)
    Layla :)
    P.S. - My Sylvanian family came a couple of days ago, thanks for the advice! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yay, what family did you choose?! :)

      Delete
    2. I chose the Maces mouse family, because the look the most like the Fieldings, and also because I'm thinking of getting the restaurant, so I would like a family that looks at least slightly capable of running a business! :D
      Layla :)

      Delete
    3. Oh how lovely! I love the Maces mice, although I don't have them (yet haha)! I hope you have lots of fun with them :D Which restaurant are you thinking of getting? :)

      Delete
    4. Yes, the Maces are very cute. I'm getting the hamburger restaurant. I found one that I could actually afford. (Haven't bought it yet, but I'll do that soon!) It's new, I'm buying it from a shop. (Yay!) My only option before was second hand stuff. It's my first ever building, so I'm very excited! :D
      Layla :)

      Delete
    5. Ahh how sweet :) I hope you have fun!

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary! Congrats on your pageviews :) That's awesome!

    Those babies are just too cute!!! Can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I am just in love with all the SF babies :D

      Delete